I haven't posted in a while. For the last month, I've been running anywhere from 4 miles to 20 miles in total per week and my weight has stayed relatively the same. It has been sooo frustrating! Last week, I went to my endocrinologist for another check up and brought a series of complaints including serious fatigue, hair loss and a few other things. They did blood work and my thyroid is really off, they have doubled my medicine! It will take about a month for the new dosage to fully take effect...what a pain in the ass!
Thanks Nicole for the donation and motivation.
BTW, how does one get started on South Beach? Some of my lackluster performance also stems from poor dietary choices. I went on South Beach's web site and felt overwhelmed and wasn't sure if you needed to pay for a profile or if the web site has all the info without needing to sign up. Can anyone help?
My cumulative weight loss is 3.76% I promise to begin weekly posting again. I'm back on the band wagon!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you're back Aimee and I hope your meds help! Forget the website. This book is pretty simple, under $10, and easy to follow: http://www.amazon.com/South-Beach-Diet-Supercharged-Faster/dp/031237206X/ref=tmm_mmp_title_popover_0
ReplyDeleteThe one thing I have to caution you is that the 1st 2 weeks are tough energy wise with no carbs and no sugar - which might make your long runs more challenging. After the 1st 2 weeks it's back to "normal" with many added food choices.
Hi Aimee,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your thyroid condition! I agree with Nicole about SBD -- the first two weeks can be tough but are totally worth it. The book is easy to follow and there is no need to sign up for a profile on the site. Plus, Nicole and I are both always here if you have questions or need moral support :)